Heritage week meets Poetry in a Mid Summer competition to celebrate the creation of a new Pollinator Flower Bed by four different groups in Strokestown.
To celebrate the creation of the Pollinator Flower Bed in the Grotto in Strokestown, we have launched a new poetry competition to tie in with Heritage week, the theme of which is ‘Sharing Stories’. The flower bed was the creation of four local groups: Strokestown Tidy Towns, STAAR Brothers of Charity, Men’s Shed and Town Team. So, write a poem and help us share this story.
To enter, please drop your poem into the Community Development Office, Bawn Street 10 – 1.
There is a 1st Prize of €50.00, and the poem will be displayed in the Grotto for the duration of Heritage week.
Each poem should be new and unpublished, inspired by one of the images attached.
* Each poem can be in any style or format, but can be no more than 30 lines, written in English.
* There is no cost to enter, and you may enter as many times as you wish.
* Do not include personal information or identification on your poem. Give your poem and name to Mary Dolan in the office. Poems will not be accepted in any other manner.
* All poems should be typed on an A4 page
* The closing date is Wednesday 15th August 2018. Winners will be notified by phone.
* The judge’s decision is final.
* Copyright will remain with the competitor, but Strokestown Poetry Festival reserves the right to arrange publication or broadcast selected poems as it sees fit.